APPLICATION and REVIEW PROCESS
Applications are available at the office or on the DOCUMENTS page. Housing Authority staff are happy to assist in completing and reviewing with applicant.
DCRHA WAIT LIST
DCRHA maintains an open wait list of all applicants for rental apartments or rental assistance. Applicants are responsible for updating their information to insure contact and maintain wait list position.
OVERVIEW of ELIGIBILITY and VERIFICATIONS
Applicant eligibility is determined in accordance with the Tenant Selection Plan and other requirements, dependent on the Housing Authority program. Some factors:
- Income limits vary by program and can be found on the DOCUMENTS page.
- Verifiable landlord and personal references
- Banking and credit references
- Criminal history background checks
- Household size appropriate to the apartment
- Personal interview with applicant household
- County and/or town preference may apply
- Valid U.S. Social Security numbers for all members of the household
- Prepayment of first month’s rent and security
- Applicant willing and able to enter into a lease agreement
OVERVIEW of DETERMINATION OF INELIGIBILITY
Applicant’s ineligibility is determined in accordance with the Tenant Selection Plan and other requirements, dependent on the Housing Authority program. Some factors:
- Applicant does not meet eligibility and screening requirements
- Rent would exceed 30-40% of applicant’s gross total annual income
- Incomplete or unreadable application information
- False or unsubstantiated information
Copies of the Tenant Selection Plan are available from the Housing Authority.