Do you have seasonal or summer rentals?
The Housing Authority offers year-round rentals and rental assistance.

I have very low income. How can you help me?
Rentals through the Housing Authority generally require a gross annual income of $20,000 to $77,000 depending on  household size and apartment needs.

What if my only income is SSI or SSDI?
A combination of a housing voucher or local rental assistance and the right landlord may be of help with SSI or SSDI income.

I have a Section 8 Voucher. Can you help me?
Yes, as a landlord. Please complete an application so that we can place you on our rental wait list.

Are your wait lists for family housing open?
Our wait lists are always open but our units do not have the ongoing subsidy typical of Public Housing Authorities. Household income is important.

I am homeless. Is there a shelter on the Vineyard?
There are cold weather overnight shelter options offered and a small amount of private funding for winter-season motel vouchers for a night or two offered by Houses of Grace (508-627-5330). Additional shelters and services are available through Housing Assistance Corp  and St. Josephs (508-997-3202) in Hyannis.

The home I’ve been renting has just been sold and I can’t find a rental. How can you help me?
Application to the Housing Authority, Morgan Woods or Island Elderly Housing may be of help. On-island support is otherwise limited to increasingly rare advertised rentals and personal or social media networking.

What do you require for a down-payment with an apartment?
The Housing Authority requires the first month’s rent and a security deposit.

Do you offer one-time assistance with rent or utilities?
We can assist you with referrals to organizations that may be of help with those costs.

Do you manage Morgan Woods or Island Elderly Housing rentals?
No, but here are the links to Morgan Woods and  Island Elderly Housing.

Where can I find legal help with my island rental situation?
Please contact South Coastal Counties Legal Services.

I am considering doing a year-round rental on my property. Who do I speak with?
Landlords have successfully used the Rental Assistance Program since 2002. Please contact the Housing Authority for more information on Rental Assistance.